Object of Rotary
The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- First: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- Second: High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying by each Rotarian of his or her occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- Third: The application of the ideal of service by every Rotarian to his or her personal, business and community life;
- Fourth: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional men and women united in the ideal of service.
The Four Way Test
of the Things We Think, Say and Do
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
"Service Above Self"
"He Profits Most Who Serves Best"
|The Five Avenues of Service:|
A Rotarian may be of service to his/her Club through any of the five avenues of service. The Five Avenues of Service are:
- Club Service
- Community Service
- Vocational Service
- International Service
- New Generations Service